1987 ls turbo build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ls turboregal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 16, 2014
Been working on the build for awhile now and going to finish it this year. So I figured I better start to post some pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    933.7 KB · Views: 1,305
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    845.9 KB · Views: 1,236
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 1,237
Just got in a shipment of new parts from spohn. Now waiting to get my ford 9" from quick performance to bolt everything together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,120
Also got a pair of rear c5 rotors for the kore3 conversion. Only have 2000 miles on them. Got them for free because a vette owner didn't like how they were rusting and wanted to upgrade to the ones that were painted black. I will eventually get slotted and drilled but these will work for now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,007.4 KB · Views: 1,080
I got quite a bit done this last month. I got the front coilovers installed. Once I got the ford 9 from quick performance I got all the rear end components bolted in. After that found some wheels off a s-10 to bolt on until I get the body on to measure for backspacing. Then I cleaned and prepped the underside of the vehicle to apply the por15. And just got the body back on the frame yesterday thanks to a couple of helpful neighbors. Went back together with all new bushings and bolts. I had a couple cage nuts that I had to use a tap on, other than that it went pretty smooth.

Here are some pics. Tell me what you think.

A couple pics after putting the coilovers in. It was definitely a task getting them compressed with no weight on them. I ended up using a 2x4 between the frame and an I-beam in the garage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 896
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 906
Here are the pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 895
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 896
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 896
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 895
And some more. Por15 is some good stuff. I will definitely use again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    817.1 KB · Views: 895
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    737.8 KB · Views: 887
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 858
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    831.3 KB · Views: 875
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 881
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor