1991 Dodge AC

Status
Not open for further replies.

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
thanks alot for your responses...

The expansion valve stuck or bad? Should be a on the fire wall if I remember correctly

yes you are correct, its on the firewall... to be honest i dont know much about the design and how it operates, it didn't appear to have any moving parts.

i did install a new one, perhaps i need to look into how to test it. thanks for the input.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
Make sure the evap core and condenser aren’t blocked either if the expansion valve is new it’s probably ok the moving part is inside I’m not entirely sure how it works but I’m assuming it’s a variable orface when compared to a gm with a fixed orface valve google search also some one probably has had the same issue

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
I wanted to update you guys on this... I decided to take "the r/t" for a spin monday morning and noticed the engine was operating above normal temperature, had to turn on the heater to keep the temps down on my way home.

after i got home i decided to verify the rotation of the fan. what i found was the electric fan was wired backwards.

so the squirrelcage fan i was putting in front of the car was actually making it worse. finally figured it out. what BS!

Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Glad you got it figured out. And thanks for concluding the thread.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
How is this car for reliability? Those motors and cars were junk! Dodge should have bought the Mitsubishi 2L Turbo they had in the Plymouth Laser and Eagle Talon, same 225 hp and more reliable. My BIL got 40 mpg Imperial highway with his 91 Plymouth Lazer Turbo and it was fast, I believe the low 14 second 1/4 mile. He traded in his 87 Monte Carlo LS for it. He pushed snow over the bumper, the car was so light and the underside was beaten from the gravel roads. He put on 100,000 km with few issues. We had K cars 5 at a time with major issues in the shop I worked in.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor