2 bolt/ 4 bolt

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
On the referencing any one good with the die grinder or decent drill and grinding wheel, can just, DIY. On the kit you mention I have not used one, got one for fellow soldier off CL for his Nova. If I recall the caps were specifically designed to work with the reference and give more clearance over stock caps.

A few years ago Eagle was getting a bad rap, from what I hear, but lately I'm hearing they got their act back together. I was told stick with Scat. On the 327 on the back bench might go that route, right now it's still stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Blue print had some issues, lately I hear they are back on track. Blue Print could be cost effective as you say.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Yes similar to these.
I still run them when I can, but not critical. I am trying to use one on the street to help a solid roller act like a hydraulic roller and keep the lifter roller loaded. Prevent wheel skid too.

I have run both Eagle and Scat, and both of them have worked well. My personal engines made 910 hp with an Eagle crank and H-beam rods, 980 hp with a Scat crank and Eagle rods, 650 hp 496 with a Scat crank and rods, 450 hp 355 with an Eagle crank and Scat rods. And at the race engine shop we never saw any failure issue due to one brand over another.

Reactions: 3 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I always heard that the factory 4 bolt blocks are weaker than the 2 bolt blocks and that it's actually better to convert 2 bolt blocks to 4 bolt than use factory 4 bolts. Also you can use those plastic LS roller lifter guides in SBC blocks.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I'm not taking either side, but there is a lot of "discussion" about nickle content and how it;s identified in various threads all over the net.

The number usually tossed around is nowhere near 5%.

To me, I don't really care. I worry more about why everybody goes to .030 when there are other options. I have a 350 that's .060, and with 4.11s, it's not a fan of hot days on the highway

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
I got that from a GM engineer. Lot of chatter stating 10 meant 10%, I used to think that too, I was a while ago I was told 5%.

So is or isn't not going to fight over it... Not worth it.

Got to remember though ... The 68/69 Z28 was a 302 and ran just fine and were raced with 2 bolt mains. Same with the 327s raced with 2 bolt mains.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
The high nickel 010 block is a myth. The casting code on the front of the block behind the timing chain cover only refers to core box patterns for block casting assembly, not nickel or tin content. All normal factory SBC blocks are made of the same cast iron alloy.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor