2 day drag racing event, riverhead long island

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I've been to Potomac Airpark in Berkley Springs, WV. It's basically Street Outlaws in real life. There are no clocks, you bring your own prep, racing is grudge style or for money, there's no tech, and the return road is the left side of the track with no barrier. It was super-sketchy, and not too much fun by myself. I did end up running a few guys, but I was also the 2nd slowest car there. It wasn't very organized, and the pits are at the end of the shutdown. It's a very long walk to the starting line. I'd definitely go back, though. I now have a line lock to compensate for the short burnout box to starting line distance, and I'll take a friend to put the Skinnie's Secert Sauce down. Oh, and they didn't put my slow junk in the video.....

Short track, definitely not a 1/4 mile. That was the point I was driving at in an earlier post. About 15 of the cars in tis video are not going to keep it in the lane for a 1/4 on the no prep track. It' didn't even look to be an 1/8. It's hard to get into big trouble in less than 5 or 6 seconds.....imo.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Short track, definitely not a 1/4 mile. That was the point I was driving at in an earlier post. About 15 of the cars in tis video are not going to keep it in the lane for a 1/4 on the no prep track. It' didn't even look to be an 1/8. It's hard to get into big trouble in less than 5 or 6 seconds.....imo.
It was claimed to be 1/8, but really, it doesn't matter because you're just setting up a race against someone else. Some guys will run for fun, or you can put some skin in the game. Every one is running the same track. Actually, my car hooked it's hardest there with Skinnie's. I've never had it bog off the line at the track; it's always blown the tires off. They prepped me just to send this video to the guy that told me to go. I would have hit it way harder if I knew it would hook like it did

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor