200r4 filter seal???'s

dickeymoore

G-Body Guru
May 6, 2009
Atlanta,Georgia
Can anyone tell me where I can get the round seal and part number that goes on the 200r4 filter that goes into the transmission ,I'm missing mines and don't want to remove the old one yet and find out that it is damaged rather have one thats ready to go?Thanks

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
Can anyone tell me where I can get the round seal and part number that goes on the 200r4 filter that goes into the transmission ,I'm missing mines and don't want to remove the old one yet and find out that it is damaged rather have one thats ready to go?Thanks
I had to order a new filter assembly as I could not locate the orange filter sealing ring by itself

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Filter seal for 2004R, 700R, 4l60E, are all the same.

If your old one is there and not brittle, cracked, etc... You can reuse it.

Biggest issue with the seal is leaving the old one in the hole and replacing the filter with the new one installed.

Reactions: 1 user

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
Filter seal for 2004R, 700R, 4l60E, are all the same.

If your old one is there and not brittle, cracked, etc... You can reuse it.

Biggest issue with the seal is leaving the old one in the hole and replacing the filter with the new one installed.
Sent my 200R4 back to Lonnie @ Extreme Automatics for a refresh.
Got it back and went to change the filter & found 2 of those orange sealing rings installed .
One ring was still in the filter tube on the transmission & the other was on the filter stem.
Not sure but guess they did this to ensure proper seal & no leaking air which would cause cavitation & starve the pump during hard acceleration ? 🤷‍♂️

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
No. Some one didn't do their job.

One thing you always do is verify the old seal is removed before installing the filter with the new seal.

Very Easy to check with flashlight or just run your 90 degree pick in the blind hole and make sure hole is clear.

If you don't, you can crack the tube coming from the filter or and happens most often, is the filter bottoms out on the pan and filter is partially or completely blocked.

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Nope. One orange sealing ring, Good.... Two orange rings, Bad. Why? because the presence of the second O-ring keeps the tube from seatting correctly which means you put pressure on it when you go to install the screw. Too much twist and the tube will crack. Also it pushes the pickup and filter deeper into the pan which can limit the ability of the pickup to "harvest" and move ATF up into the pumps and galleries.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Sent my 200R4 back to Lonnie @ Extreme Automatics for a refresh.
Got it back and went to change the filter & found 2 of those orange sealing rings installed .
One ring was still in the filter tube on the transmission & the other was on the filter stem.
Not sure but guess they did this to ensure proper seal & no leaking air which would cause cavitation & starve the pump during hard acceleration ? 🤷‍♂️
did he install a 700 filter instead a 200?mine came with the 700

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor