200r4 filter seal???'s

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
That might be why the two seals are there then, an easy way to extend the pickup down further to take advantage of the deep pan. Wondering about a spacer on the mounting bolt or a stud and nut set up with a short sleeve to keep the filter from being deformed during the install.

Nick

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Humph. Was wondering about that. I did go with the stock pan when I did the 700R4 swap into my Gee-10 but had the aluminum pan idea kicking around in the back of my mind. Thing with that pan is the Van is built for the road/highway and was never meant for the street. Local Streets Suck. A deep pan, while holding more ATF and letting the fluid stay cooler, is more vulnerable to road strikes from high mounted sewer casements and deeper pot holes, both of which this burg has in abundance.

Nick

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Those cast aluminum pans are super stout, The mounting flange on mine's over half an inch thick and it does not leak because of that. There's no chance of overtightening the bolts and distorting the gasket at all Like a stock pan would. hopefully mrsony will see this as we know he's been chasing some trans leaks.

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Mr. Sony's pan leak turned out not to be a pan leak after all. Once he was able to slide all the way under the car, dry everything out, and watch the suspected area, he discovered it was a seal leak. Suspects the front pump shaft seal or body to case seal. Either way, the box is still in the car and is likely to remain there until he can pick up a replacement for it or save up to get it sent out for a rebuild. Last I heard he was considering some kind of "conditioner" that could be dumped into the box and help the seal to seal. (urk-urk-urk.)

Nick

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor