200r4 Install HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marz442

Greasemonkey
Jan 12, 2013
Cicero Il
Thank You!!! thats what I really needed, this weekend I will start with drive shaft and exhaust, or might
just do it all. Wish me luck. It does sound very stright forward the way you explained it.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Where are you at with it right now? Do you still have the original trans in the car? Is the car on jack stands yet?
What do you plan to do with the old transmission if it's the original one?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
marz442 said:
Yes, just the trans? I'm fallowing the advice given. Am I doing it wrong?

I thought the transmission was already out and you were just installing one...the suggestions I pave didn't help you at the point you were at..

marz442

Greasemonkey
Jan 12, 2013
Cicero Il
Well I just started. I have the car on jack stands, and the old trans is still on the car till the weekend.
I would like to have the trans rebuilt! Do you know anyone who is reasonable?

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
It depends on what your idea of reasonable is. My personal opinion is that a stock 200-4R isn't worth rebuilding to spec without some upgrades. There's a reputable builder in Mundelein called Jimmy's Transmission. He's supposed to know his $hit when it comes to 200-4R's. I don't know what his prices are but you generally get what you pay for with anything. http://www.jimmys-trans.com/

If you decide to sell it instead of rebuild it let me know. I'm even close enough to give you a hand, but this weekend isn't good and I'm out of town for work Mon-Wed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor