200r4 question

Status
Not open for further replies.
all4gss said:
I'm a 200-4R novice but i understand that running it without the lockup is a great way to burn the fluid and shorten the life on your transmission. I've got a bowtie overdrives 2004r and their site is full of useful information including how to properly set the TV cable. I just got the car that had it installed already so I've been reading the site and those guys seem to know their stuff. The transmission is amazingly tight and a lot of fun. I didn't know they were made to downshift from 4th to 2nd which is awesome, scared me the first time I tried it, great fun.

TV Explained...
http://www.tvmadeez.com/article/index.php

they've also got wiring kits for the lockup here
http://www.bowtieoverdrives.com/catalog/catalog.php?Action=GETSUBCAT&CATID=OA2
Its actually better to run the trans with a non lockup converter and do away with lockup valve. There is less slippage and heat without lock. So its the complete opposite of what your saying.

[/quote]
Its actually better to run the trans with a non lockup converter and do away with lockup valve. There is less slippage and heat without lock. So its the complete opposite of what your saying.[/quote]

That just doesn't sound right to me, surely the whole purpose of a lock-up converter is to eliminate slippage?. :?
I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I don't understand how a non lock-up will run cooler and with less slippage.

Roger.

As I said, I am a novice so I don't have any experience to stand on... but as I understand it the heat is generated in the converter. Heat kills transmissions so it seams to me that if you have an option to use a lockup converter that it would reduce the heat and prolong the service life of your transmission?

am i way off base here :?:

I've got a 2,500 stall and I really appreciate the lockup, particularly cruising at 2,000 rpm on the interstate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor