2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Mike, long day could not let it slide. Of course your car with it's lazy 717 HP, can't even shift without help and oversized body should be ashamed of itself. Better 😁

No, its not. You have upset my Butterbean (the girthy white (healthy pink) 'Murican powerhouse)! Now you paaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

butterbean-248.jpg

Look at those cankles!

FALSE! My 88 Cutlass Supreme Classic Brougham weighed 3780 pounds WITHOUT me in it according to the certified truck scale. Same as a V6 Challenger. Unpadded, unoptioned chevies weigh significantly less than a loaded Olds or Buick. We love our Challenger GT, best car we have owned by far, even better than our Rocket powered Oldsmobile's.

Did you know that the V6 Challengers are classed above all V8 Challengers (including the kitties) for having an advantage by SCCA for autocross? Which I am guessing is weight and engine set back (#1 cylinder behind the axle centreline).

FALSE! My 88 Cutlass Supreme Classic Brougham weighed 3780 pounds WITHOUT me in it according to the certified truck scale. Same as a V6 Challenger. Unpadded, unoptioned chevies weigh significantly less than a loaded Olds or Buick. We love our Challenger GT, best car we have owned by far, even better than our Rocket powered Oldsmobile's.
I mean, I am not saying you're lying, but that would be the heaviest G-body I have ever heard of. Ever. With the stock springs in these cars, I know some were heavier duty than others like the el caminos, and the SS monte Carlos (slightly less noodly), but the gross vehicle weight, meaning the maximum load the car was rated to carry with passengers and luggage and stuff was like 4,000 lbs. or thereabouts. That would mean that your car with nothing in it was cruising at 95% of its gross vehicle weight unloaded? I have never heard of a challenger weighing under 4,000 lbs. I guess a first gen V-6 with the old 5 speed auto and cloth everything I guess it could dip under that, but we're talking about a hellcat. Thats a girthy lady. I bet Mike's car is every bit of 4,4,300 lbs.

Our 2017 Dodge Challenger GT AWD is supposed to weigh 4100 pounds, I can weigh it tonight on the same scale. The V6 RWD Challenger supposedly weigh 3885 pounds, so 100 pounds more than my 88. The Pentastar is lighter and way better than the old 3.5, should offset the extra weight of the ZF 8 speed. Others have gotten similar weights on Cutlass and 442's, interiors are very padded with more power options. It partly explains why they were slower than the Monte's.

Hey, you donkeys!
We already have a thread dedicated to this nonsense:

This thread is for other nonsense.

I looked up the clutch that is used in the Hellkitty and it's impressive. I was wondering what clutch was used to handle the power and still make it driver friendly. The twin disk that is used sure looks sweet. We used multiple disk plates in our higher end circle track cars but they were like an on off switch and not made to use on a street car.

13_ZF_Twin-disc_clutch_3_2_748px.jpg

Last edited:

I have one in the 67; it freakin' RULES!!!!

I have one in the 67; it freakin' RULES!!!!

It's already on my Summit wish list - just have to see if I can destroy the stock one before 1 year or 12,000kms and get a freebee from Dodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor