2019 Challenger Widebooty HellKitty (she's giving me the meatsweats...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
He can cut it up and make new pipes for the wagon?

Like these?

images (13).jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Warranty work?
Yes, and I think we all know where this is headed.

You'll have some code show up another year from now, look at the pile of stock parts you stored (probably need a conex box by then to store it all in by then) and decide its less work to cover the repair yourself than spend an entire 40 hour work week returning it to bone stock.

I think we all remember when this was going to be the car you just drive stock and leave as it is. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Yes, and I think we all know where this is headed.

You'll have some code show up another year from now, look at the pile of stock parts you stored (probably need a conex box by then to store it all in by then) and decide its less work to cover the repair yourself than spend an entire 40 hour work week returning it to bone stock.

I think we all remember when this was going to be the car you just drive stock and leave as it is. :ROFLMAO:

Shut Your Mouth Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
"Refinement" continues. Built the inner tubes for the rear bullets. These are about 8.5" long compared to the front 15" units. I added the finger switch to the torch handle - even though it is just on/off it made spot welding such thin metal a metric sh*t tonne lot easier.

PXL_20210608_233921135.jpg

FWIW, the factory exhaust on these cars are a joke... the only thing that really muffles the noise is the active exhaust valves. I am getting tempted to delete them for the time being.

I also plasma cut out eleven 4" discs to cap the ends of all four mufflers. I really need a new 3" hole saw to finish them once they are welded on so I can insert the tubes and burn those in.

Then I will start the x-pipe.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
This thread gave me the idea I needed to cheap out on patching my flipper dually exhaust on the cheap. Whack a couple of easy to find 3" exhaust sections at the boneyard for like $5. Cut the tubing open with the angle grinder, suck it back down onto the existing 2.75" piping with hose clamps, and aim that seam down low to zap back shut with the welder. Can deal with the ends with clamps instead of impossible 360 welds with the bed and driveshaft installed.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I hope you're making jigs as you go. You can probably retire doing that.

Retire at 42? That'd be a weird experience.

I haven't jigged anything, I am flying by the seat of my pants here. It'll probably just be another bespoke project for myself.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Retire at 42? That'd be a weird experience.

I haven't jigged anything, I am flying by the seat of my pants here. It'll probably just be another bespoke project for myself.
Just let the wife keep working, she can offset the bills and call yourself...

A kept man?

A trophy husband?

Smart?

• Haha
  • Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor