2019 Silverado 1500 Gets I-4 Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
-83MONTESS-, Pronto-, we had a term for those guys when I was at Truck Trend... “Air Haulers.”

You know, the guys that walk into a dealership and say, “I want a truck.” The salesman asks, “Do you have a trim or powertrain in mind?” The guy replies, “I don’t know, I just want a truck. What do you have a deal on right now?” That’s who’ll buy it. Also the same guy that when you ask him what kind of engine it has, he’ll say, “I don’t know, I think it’s a V-6. The dealer said it was a turbo.”
So in order to "properly" use a truck it HAS to be hooked to a trailer? Got ya chief I'll trade mine in for a minivan since I don't deserve it lol.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I’m not saying it has to be a 24/7 workhorse. I’m just saying a lot of people who buy a truck just want a truck, and don’t really care what’s under the hood as long as it’s reasonably peppy and gets OK mileage.

Personally, I’d probably go for the I-6 diesel if I was going to get a ‘19 Silverado.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
All I I'm saying is that I bought my first "real" truck in 03, and still have it. Remodeled the house in 05; the 8' bed was invaluable. 3/4 ton proved it's worth hauling a pallet of Sakrete. It plowed snow on commercial lots for 10 years, and gets 8 cords of firewood thrown in it just about every winter. Fvck yeah, 'Merica!!!
Now, I wouldn't mind having a half ton, slammed short bed, crew cab that got 30mpg, but I'd have to hit the lottery first and it would retire the Pig project. So, I keep keepin' on with what I got.....

csstrux

Greasemonkey
Apr 5, 2017
a Vege, Chevette. I had a VW scirocco I was planning on a V6 manual conversion out of a 10 up Camarro, but gave it to a local collector just before moving to NV. This would have been the perfect platform for any of them. maybe an early 60's Tempest, Special, or F85. Front engine Corvair even. I like weird shat tho so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor