20s or 22s irocs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
86_olds said:
wow warren are u a professional photographer ?

LOL! Naw bruh. I used to mess around back in the day when I was into VW's.. Thanks for the love on the pics and rides! I really appreciate that...

Elco Warren 8)
``

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Ahhhh. I remember the day I snapped that photo of Tone's SS. He was happy as hell the way the pics came out...That was before the drop. You gotta go 22's on a G.
Tone after the 2" drop up front/1.5" drop out back.. LOL! My sons all up in the pic..

4220953733_527028bf1e_b.jpg

Here i am on deuces. Im a lil lower than T. 3" upfront and 2" out back..

4855373562_4ec6361007_b.jpg

4855369562_8659202252_b.jpg

4855367964_32a874152f_b.jpg

Elco Warren 8)

80zBabiezCC

What are all the specs on that set up bro? And how bad do They rub? sh*ts hella clean. The SS can eat up a pair of 22s, they look right, I Thought they were a lil too much on my cutty.
I'm lookin to buy an SS in the near future and want a similar setup to them pics
Just too clean.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
dlo253 said:
What are all the specs on that set up bro? And how bad do They rub? sh*ts hella clean. The SS can eat up a pair of 22s, they look right, I Thought they were a lil too much on my cutty.
I'm lookin to buy an SS in the near future and want a similar setup to them pics
Just too clean.

On my El- tire was a 22/30/45 nexxus or something like that. Rears rubbed when turning into a steep driveway. Easy fix tho. I have the conquista trim and the wheel are spaced out. Just a lil trimming on the mouldings will tak care of that. The front rubbed a lil. "U" turns are out of the question. HAHA! Same for the SS. Now TTop ran some Falken FK-452 tires. Same size but his tread pattern was sick as hell! made the tire profile look lower. I drove his and had very lil rub on l/r turns. He's dropped 2"f and 1.5" rear. His rears are rolled also. My SS is a lil lower. I never put the car on the road with the irocs to see what it did.

Elco Warren 8)

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
On my El- tire was a 22/30/45 nexxus or something like that. Rears rubbed when turning into a steep driveway. Easy fix tho. I have the conquista trim and the wheel are spaced out. Just a lil trimming on the mouldings will tak care of that. The front rubbed a lil. "U" turns are out of the question. HAHA! Same for the SS. Now TTop ran some Falken FK-452 tires. Same size but his tread pattern was sick as hell! made the tire profile look lower. I drove his and had very lil rub on l/r turns. He's dropped 2"f and 1.5" rear. His rears are rolled also. My SS is a lil lower. I never put the car on the road with the irocs to see what it did.

Elco Warren 8)

Alright alright, Yeah I used to have that problem with the rears no big deal tho. What was the wheel width and BS In the front? Yeah lol them rides r sittin nice bro, inspiration Right there haha.

BigGeorge

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 22, 2010
I feel you dlo, Cutlass' have way different wheels wells. I believe our wheel wells are way narrower than any other G body. 22"s could probably fit at stock height but not so sure about lowered. I love the look of the 22" wheels. Then at times they look too big. I actually thought about just keeping the hubcaps and whitewalls, keeping it ultra clean. Then I'm like damn wheels would set it off. Honestly best looking Cutlass I ever seen had 20"s on it. It's that black Cutlass with the Grand National motor in it. I would get the same wheels and call it a day. They are Diablo Delta Force wheels and they are no longer made.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Not to threadjack, but the best looking Cutlass ever is/was on 22s.

109_2178-1.jpg

Volumeshooter

Greasemonkey
Aug 29, 2011
Memphis TN

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
all the car's i have seen on this thread are nice as hell, my question is i wanna put 22 inch irocs on my 84 monte carlo ss and keep the factory suspension will there be any rub and if so how much lift will i have to get for a great ride. here is a vid of my ss in the body shop.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KUxKPgbncg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor