260 is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox80

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Jamestown NY
That is probably about right if I was to guess I would say 18.5's-19.5's stock, but obviously I and the original poster are not going for a better ET, with a little bit of work and time to put some more modern type components on these motors you can have an even better daily driver than the car already was. If the carb/cam wouldn't have been junk and the previous owner hasn't destroyed both manifold attempting to put a dual exhaust on the car I may have just left mine alone, I doubt it, I am a tinkerer by nature

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Glad you are making good use of that intake. Should be nice little driver with all the improvements. The 260 is reliable but Olds did so many fuel economy and emissions "improvements", that reasonable acceleration is chore to pull out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor