2wd vs AWD Astro Steering Shaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
Even if it fits it may not be safe to use it. The collapsible shaft is there for a purpose and if it cannot collapse to at least the length the system was designed for you may not want to use it.

since this is a retrofit shaft from a different vehicle you are already using the shaft on a system that it was not originally designed for. So i would think the safety aspect of using the 4wd or 2wd shaft is not really of much concern .

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Pronto-

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2014
If you look at the installed pictures in the video, there seems to be about 6 or 7" of the shaft extended from the full collapsed position. It doesn't look like that small difference wouldn't be anything to worry about. The shaft would still collapse at least 5".

• Agree

Vortectim

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 16, 2018
My apologies for hijacking, Is anyone reclocking, painting and selling the astro shafts at the moment? I'm ready to buy, and nobody within 2 hours has one available. Please message me with someone who is, or if you are give me a price. Thanks.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
My apologies for hijacking, Is anyone reclocking, painting and selling the astro shafts at the moment? I'm ready to buy, and nobody within 2 hours has one available. Please message me with someone who is, or if you are give me a price. Thanks.
Tim,
How about an introduction? You can then share with our members what you're working on, etc,....pics would be cool as well.
I'll keep you in mind if and when I come across more Astro shafts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor