3 lines to the tank on my 442???

Status
Not open for further replies.

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
I thought due to carburetion, that the 442 only needed 2 fuel lines, one for the feed and one for the vent. I notice there are three coming from the tank. What is this for? And could one of em be easily converted to a return for a fuel injection setup? Thanks guys for any help.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
You have one for feed, one for return and one for vent.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
joeairforce said:
IIRC one goes to the charcoal canister....

Which would be the vent line as posted.

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
So the quadrajet actually has a return? Is this different from the basic carb? I always thought carbs did not need a return???

Fader

Greasemonkey
Apr 29, 2011
Eastern Nebraska
What would you do with a fuel pump with only an inlet & car with no charcoal canister? Can you plug the other two unused or would you reRoute them elsewhere?

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
In my experience, you would use a return style fuel pressure regulator and run your return right from that :idea:

V6UnderPressure

Greasemonkey
Jul 7, 2008
New Lenox, IL
Blake442 said:
The carbs don't have a return, the fuel pump does...

Well I KNOW that. :rofl: I was saying it figuratively. Sorry I wasn't more clear. Let me be clear, that I thought the fuel pump didn't need a return with a carb. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor