305 to 350 swap, how much interchange-ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
I'm about to swap the old and tired 305 to a 350 too. In my case, the 350 is a complete rubuilt mid-70's 4-bolt (9.5 compression, 278/288° cam, etc).
I want to keep the stock Qjet carb, combined with a Performer or Performer RPM intake. According to the engine builder this should put me somewhere in the 290-300HP ballpark.
While keeping the Qjet and computer, I want to get rid of most of the emissions stuff (not needed for a '85 here). Previous owner alreday changed the cat to one without air tube, so the pump will definitly go. I might keep the EGR, but not sure for now. Will the computer throw any codes without the pump?

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
The computer will not be affected by the removal of the air pump.

Reactions: 1 user

86Jackie

n00b
Oct 25, 2018
Thanks guys!
Another question regarding the swap, will I need to change out my wiring harness as it has the computer setup and certain stuff to run with it, such as the smog pump stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor