307 heads with air nozzles for pollution air pump holes

Vicente

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 5, 2015
One of the threads for the pollution control system on the exhaust runner port on the 307 head is mangled up I want to get a tap to clean the threads up does any one know the size tap I would need
IMG_0555.png

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Don't know the size exactly, but they aren't metric, and they are NOT NPT threads. Think how the brake lines are. Inverted flare fittings. Straight threads, but not sure of the size. Why would you need to re-thread them anyway? Just get the right size inverted flare plugs and you'll be fine if that's what you want to do is plug them off.

TBH, I never measured them. Someone else may be able to shed light on the size. MAYBE 3/8"-24 thread or 7/16"-24 thread? I know it's SAE.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

john87442

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2021
Geneva ohio
I have a NOS one sitting on the shelf so I’ll have to dig it out and Check. Mind you it’s behind a bunch of stuff that my 87 torn down so I’m having a hard time finding stuff these days.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Don't know the size exactly, but they aren't metric, and they are NOT NPT threads. Think how the brake lines are. Inverted flare fittings. Straight threads, but not sure of the size. Why would you need to re-thread them anyway? Just get the right size inverted flare plugs and you'll be fine if that's what you want to do is plug them off.

TBH, I never measured them. Someone else may be able to shed light on the size. MAYBE 3/8"-24 thread or 7/16"-24 thread? I know it's SAE.
It seems to me they are 3/8"-24 thread inverted flare plugs. My 81 Delta 88 and my 82 Delta 88 parts cars came with factory plugs with sort of a nipple on the end. In 83, even without the CCC we got air injection on 307's. I actually ground the nipple off, not realizing I needed to pull tubes in the head on my 83 307 that was transplanted in my 88 Cutlass to fit them.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I know what you mean. I got several sets of tubes. But I can’t get to them at the moment.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor