307 Motor Torque Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

joemadrum

Apprentice
Sep 16, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Anyone know where i can find a list of torque specs for a 307 motor,

my dad's 454 he ordered new from gm came with a whole sheet of specs for everything that needed it.

looking for any help, worst case manifold, and oil pump.

Thanks
-Joe :|

86Olds442

Greasemonkey
Supporting Member
Nov 24, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
joemadrum said:
Anyone know where i can find a list of torque specs for a 307 motor,

my dad's 454 he ordered new from gm came with a whole sheet of specs for everything that needed it.

looking for any help, worst case manifold, and oil pump.

Thanks
-Joe :|

Any Chilton ? Haynes manual will have them. If nobody else responds before I get home tomorrow, I'll look them up for you and post them.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
dan2286 said:
Here you go. I don't know if I would use any of the important torque specs like mains and head bolts since they may be different, but for the oil pump and manifold bolts these should be fine.

http://www.oldspower.com/vb/showthread.php?t=43196

I just checked my service manual for a 1985 Cutlass with a 307 and the torque specs for the oil pump and exhaust manifold are the same as the ones in the link I posted.

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
i have a torque spec book at the shop... personally id recommend shoveling out the 30-50 bucks or w.e it is to get one... if ur gonna see a motor on a stand more than seldom

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor