307 olds to a 350 Chevy wiring setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

442_87

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2014
Hello Everyone,

This is a great forum, as i have learned alot .

I have a 87 442, and im about to swap out the Olds 307 to a 350 Chevy, i have all the hardware to perform the physical swap ( engine mounts etc) . For the wiring, can i use the existing wiring even though im removing the ECU. Will i able to use the wiring for the distributor and the starter ( i will probably need a longer starter wire to the battery) Will i be able to run the existing oil pressure sender unit and coolant temperature sending unit so my factory gauges can still work? ( i know the oil sending unit will have to be moved to the back to the distributor area)

Any thing else i need, to get this engine up and running?

Thanks

You will need to get into a witness protection program and change your identity when the Olds guys read what your plans are.... :shock:

pontiacgp said:
You will need to get into witness protection program and change your identity when the Olds guys read what your plans are.... :shock:

I know i will take some heat for this swap..

Long story short, started building a 350SBC, a long time ago... finally finished it..

Found a 442 that was in decent shape and fit my price point .

The olds guys are purists but don't let that bother you do what you like its your car. The Chevy 350 has been so overdone though people forget about Buick and Olds 350's also.

I had a SBC in the 442 for a while after I blew up the 307.
I lengthened the wires from the alternator to the battery and for the starter.
Senders should all swap over.
Ecu wiring harness is under the a/c box and is completely separate from the harness on the driver side.

Blake442 said:
I had a SBC in the 442 for a while after I blew up the 307.
I lengthened the wires from the alternator to the battery and for the starter.
Senders should all swap over.
Ecu wiring harness is under the a/c box and is completely separate from the harness on the driver side.

Thanks for help, so I can fully remove the ecu without any issues? I have ordered an external lockup for the transmission. Any other pointers or tips?
Thanks

if you use a serpentine set up your ac compressor and alternator will in the same location as on the 307

pontiacgp said:
if you use a serpentine set up your ac compressor and alternator will in the same location as on the 307

I'm using a v belt setup, so I know I will need to source longer ac lines.

Will the power steering pump and bracket work from the olds on a sbc

Funny part is chevy guys say it is all GM. Then a person mentions a swap like my 94 4x4 with the Olds 350 and they get their noses out of joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor