330 harmonic balancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

soma

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2014
hey guys,got back to messing with my 330 im rebuilding and the balancer has signs of twisting and is pretty ballooned out in back.been reading around and i think i have my answer already but would like to know for certin that i wont be able to use the normal 455/350/307 balancer.it looks different and is i think a bit bigger circumference wise but not really having any luck finding a replacement.am i just going to have to go aftermarket?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Was your 330 originally a 4bbl or 2bbl? 4bbl engines had a larger balancer than the 2bbl engines. Check with OE p/n's for 350's & 403's since they have the same stroke.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I may have one sitting on a 330 crank, will take a look if you want.

soma

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2014
Was your 330 originally a 4bbl or 2bbl? 4bbl engines had a larger balancer than the 2bbl engines. Check with OE p/n's for 350's & 403's since they have the same stroke.

its a 4 bbl with the larger balancer/damper,will do a bit of cross referencing thank you =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor