330 Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tango 20

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2017
The 330 Olds has an Edelbrock carb on it. My trans I believe is a TH200C. If i dissconnect the computer how does this affect the lockup of the tourqe converter and kickdown ? Also should I switch it from points to electronic.?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The TH200C may die shortly, make sure the TV cable is adjusted at the very least. You can manually lock the torque converter, I doubt there are any bolt in kits for that throw away trans. The 2 speed trans behind the 330 is also not worth using especially without the switch pitch working. Hopefully the Edelbrock carb is put together right and properly tuned to that motor. You can convert the points to one of the 3 Pertronix conversions or get a different distributor.

Tango 20

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2017
The TH200 has been rebuilt heaver. The trans shop said they thought there was a way to do it with a vacume switch. But He was not sure

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
The TH200 has been rebuilt heaver. The trans shop said they thought there was a way to do it with a vacume switch. But He was not sure
The TH200/200c does not use any vacuum to operate nor can it be made to. It uses the TV cable to control the shift points based on throttle position.

Tango 20

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 10, 2017
Yes. But the Tourqe converter locks up with 12v . So it is a switch controlled by vacume that is connected to the wires going to the lockup tourqe converter soeleniod. That is the way Trans shop explained it ?

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
when gm first came out with the lockup torque converter, pre-computers, they wired it through a vacuum sw mounted on the left fender. when the vacuum was just right, it would allow current to flow to the trans. when you accelerated hard enough, it would turn off, disengaging the lock up. it would also turn off if you let off the gas, allowing for some minor eng braking.
when wired correctly, they operate flawlessly.
joe

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I have seen those years stock TH350's die behind the mid 70's smog Olds 350's and the even more gutless sbc 350's from that era. I would do at least a Transgo shift kit. If the pan is full of material, good chance it will need an overhaul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor