350 ENGINE BUILD "PROJECT TUMMY TUCK "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Whoa!!! I missed this one! Thats wassup fam!! Doin a motor!!! Hell yeah! I'll be watching

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Whoa!!! I missed this one! Thats wassup fam!! Doin a motor!!! Hell yeah! I'll be watching

LoL..yea why not??? lmao :rofl: :rofl:

BUT IM SCARRRRREEEEEEDDDDD!!! LMAO!!!

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
i'm running the 270h, it has a thump at idle thats all i can tell you cause i can't get my motor to run right yet :rofl: i need someone that knows how to adjust holleys then i can tell you about the preformance....when you put your headers on did you have any problems starting the car back up when its hot?

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
richp85elco said:
i'm running the 270h, it has a thump at idle thats all i can tell you cause i can't get my motor to run right yet :rofl: i need someone that knows how to adjust holleys then i can tell you about the preformance....when you put your headers on did you have any problems starting the car back up when its hot?

Yea thats what i will probley get like skip said no more that 270h...But as far as the car not starting with after the header installed, it fired up every time...maybe u have a header leak...car running too hot to not start...no gas flow, has the holley been rebuilt? i have a carb guy that will rebuilt it and adjust it to factory spec for $90.00 Joe's Carburators in Lynwood, Ca

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
everything is good carbs new, headers on tight, i just think since the headers are so close to the stock starter it gets all hot after running for a while and when i try and crank it, it doesnt spin the motor fast enough I also have a small battery so that might be part of the problem cause it starts right up when its cold. itll crank but its real hard to start when hot

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Just a little update.dont think im not going to build this 350...waitin for project elko to sell so i can drop cash on this build....well i took the intake to the shop, they cleaned it and dipped it and comes out to be one good intake for $25 bucks..lol...no threaded holes all looks ready to go...did a little hi temp aluminum paint job today and got a erson timing cover...cant wait till this is all done..maybe after the holidays when peeps have money to spend from there income tax..lmao

a9559356.jpg

b76a5f7b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor