350 serpentine system

Status
Not open for further replies.

84ttops

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 10, 2011
hey dropping a chevy 350 in my cutlass... where is everyone getting their serpentine belt systems from??? looking for a junkyard set up... is there a certain vehicle everyone is taking them off? i noticed alot of systems for sale off of 3rd gen camaros and firebirds but im not interested in putting an a/c or smog pump on my car.

crucial118

Royal Smart Person
Nov 15, 2008
MARYLAND, DMV
That's where I got mine from, an 89 firebird, I think. They also sell smog and ac delete pulleys on EBay and Summit Racing. I got my smog delete from Summit, page 4 of my build.

sonix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 8, 2010
3rd gens with V8's aren't terribly common in bone yards though, they seem to get picked clean overnight. Everyone wants Camaro parts for some reason (???).
Is there a reason why we can't use a trucks accessory system? V8 half tons are far more common...

watchdog

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Upstate NY
I used S10 blazer (v6) brackets. Worked perfectly. Just had to use condenser with lines on the passenger side for the ac which is now on the passenger side.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
sonix said:
3rd gens with V8's aren't terribly common in bone yards though, they seem to get picked clean overnight. Everyone wants Camaro parts for some reason (???).
Is there a reason why we can't use a trucks accessory system? V8 half tons are far more common...
The early 88-89 trucks had a shitty steel bracket look fore 90-93 GM truck set up. 4.3 S10 works also. I haven't tried any of the newer stuff yet.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Anybody have any info on the late 90s chevy truck setups? Im about to buy a complete set. I dont mean to hijack the thread but is there anyway to just use the pulleys you need (PS, and Alt) and get a smaller belt or do you HAVE to get the AC delete stuff?

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
-83MONTESS- said:
Anybody have any info on the late 90s chevy truck setups? I'm about to buy a complete set. I don't mean to hijack the thread but is there anyway to just use the pulleys you need (PS, and Alt) and get a smaller belt or do you HAVE to get the AC delete stuff?

The only way I have seen it is with the ac delete pulley in place of the compressor.
I have seen them with and without the AIR pump that is just a shorter belt fix.
They do however make a idler pulley that take the place of the air pump.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
tc1959 said:
-83MONTESS- said:
Anybody have any info on the late 90s chevy truck setups? I'm about to buy a complete set. I don't mean to hijack the thread but is there anyway to just use the pulleys you need (PS, and Alt) and get a smaller belt or do you HAVE to get the AC delete stuff?

The only way I have seen it is with the ac delete pulley in place of the compressor.
I have seen them with and without the AIR pump that is just a shorter belt fix.
They do however make a idler pulley that take the place of the air pump.
Ok thanks for the info. I wonder if I could measure the stock belt and see if I can get a shorter one for the ac delete instead of using the delete pulley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor