350 spark plugs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlitothemac

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 8, 2007
brooklyn
Idk about the rest of you guys but ive been using ac delco spark plug R45TS.....i was told to use these and thats it...now is there a better or replacement version of those just curious :?:

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
i have always had good luck with using Ac Delcos and prefer them over champion by a long shot. some people are into those e3's or whatever but i was always taught that electricity takes the easiest and shortest route so i wouldnt see how all 3 posts would fire at the same time. im no spark plug expert, i always just throw some ac delcos in and run

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
I run the accell header plugs u can buy off the autozone shelf for 30 bucks and they seem to work great im not complaining but ive heard acdelco plugs are pretty good if u wanna use them

and e3s im sure they work good but who really cares im not payin 60 bucks for a set of plugs lol no offense to anyone who uses them

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
Personally, I wouldn't use anything but ACDELCO plugs in a GM engine. The next step up from conventional plugs are the ACDelco RAPIDFIRE® Performance Platinum Spark Plugs. :mrgreen:

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
I second the AC Delco in gm engines. Thats what I run in my Olds 350. R46SZ part number.

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
I've used those E3's and they did improve my combustion, i could tell because my car was running a lil bit rich but you couldn't tell with the E3's when i slapped in a set of acdelco's you could see the smoke coming from the exhaust, but they are expensive, I use autolites copper core, cheap and they seem better than ac delcos IMO

79MaliCrazz

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2010
Lake Wylie,SC
I have a question on this subject my 350 has auto lite plugs in it #26 so I went and bought the same ones but I haven't installed them I asked them to recommend plug brand to me for a 350 Chevy and they couldnt cause there is to many different plugs for Chevy 350s so they didn't know which ones could be best so I just settle for the ones I already had on the car can anyone recommend which name brand and a part number plugs i can use on my Chevy 350.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
I use AC rapidfire #1 platinums. I noticed a marked improvement over the standard R43ts plugs. They are spendy but on a properly setup engine they last 100,000 miles. My engine is a Gm Crate motor called a K block I am running a GM 92 vette roller cam and lifters and a set of 1.5 roller rockers, a Edelbrock performer EGR manifold, with a Nicely tuned Q-jet.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
85montanezSS said:
I have a question on this subject my 350 has auto lite plugs in it #26 so I went and bought the same ones but I haven't installed them I asked them to recommend plug brand to me for a 350 Chevy and they couldnt cause there is to many different plugs for Chevy 350s so they didn't know which ones could be best so I just settle for the ones I already had on the car can anyone recommend which name brand and a part number plugs i can use on my Chevy 350.

AC Delco is the recommended plug brand for Chevrolet. Just get the cheap copper core ones. They should be about $2.09 a piece.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I've used AC Delco's, Bosch, Autolite's and now NGK's.

I prefer the NGK's but really couldn't tell much of a difference between any of the other's.

I personally am not sold on AC Delco stuff anymore. Used to be if you wanted a quality, OEM style part, you bought AC Delco but anymore they're all crap, overseas made junk anyway. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor