350 TBI to carb swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pontiac455

Master Mechanic
Jun 8, 2010
Check the injector harness where the air filter sits on the throttle body. I have seen the harness go bad there several times. Their know to have issues with the distributor also. If there is power to the injectors, plug in a noid light. If there is no flash, check the TP sensor in the data stream. If it at WOT the ecm thinks its in clear flood mode.... shuts down the injectors.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
I get 11.6 volts on both injector plugs.

i dont have a noid light but might pick one up

tps is new .595 volts at idle and 4.9 volts i think wide open throttle

Dizzy is new and module is new

Thats exactly what the motors doing is flooding. Plugs are black and black smoke out the tailpipes
It seemed to help earlier with the vacuum unplugged off the map sensor it actully idled for a bit but then i tried to recreate the problem and couldnt so i dont know.
One of my 11 codes is 52 which is somthing to do with the prom i dont remember but also found that it still runs the exact same with the smaller chip out of the ecm if that means anything probly not idk

Pontiac455

Master Mechanic
Jun 8, 2010
If its flooding that bad producing black smoke out the tailpipes, I would be checking the fuel return line, making sure it wasn't pinched. If that was all good next I would be going after the fuel pressure regulator. I seen the spring break and also the diaphragm punctured. Check that out and let me know, we"ll get er figured out.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Regulator is new. I rebuilt the old the throttle body thinking that was bad then when that didnt fix it i bought a new throttlebody

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
If i remeber right unplugging the o2 sensor didnt change anything
As for readings my scanner as far as i know mine dont do that

Ive found 2 plugs behind the block that are not plugged in. I cant find a place for them

And i changed the return line when i unscrewed it out the bottom is gas supposed to just keep coming out the line from the tank?

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Guys ive got the plan and talked it over with everyone at my house
I want the malibus 350 in the truck. Now before everyone freaks out heres why. Ive been wanting to do an LS swap in the malibu for some time now before i even bought this truck. So ive decided thats what i wanna do.

What do you guys think? I like your guys feedback

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
No one likes the idea i guess lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor