3800 seriesII swap into gbody

Status
Not open for further replies.

farteaga92

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 24, 2014
Thinking about doing a seriesII 3800 into my 87 cutlass 442. To what I read so far it's possible with a f-body transmission and custom mounts. My buddy makes great HP with his 3800 turbo charged V6. I'd like to see one of these engines in a GBody

mac61891

Greasemonkey
Jun 20, 2013
West Central IL
I think this would be awesome. I have thought the very same thing, but have never pursued it. If you choose to move forward, keep us updated.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
farteaga92 said:
Thinking about doing a seriesII 3800 into my 87 cutlass 442. To what I read so far it's possible with a f-body transmission and custom mounts. My buddy makes great HP with his 3800 turbo charged V6. I'd like to see one of these engines in a GBody

Interesting idea. It's been discussed many times on Olds forums but then what would 442 mean?

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'm gonna stay with this one, I pondered the idea of a Supercharged Park Avenue/Grand Prix GTP engine in the past. Its certainly more unique swap than, "Just throw a three-fifty in it"

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
I like many others have wondered about this swap for quite some time. Theres a great thread with some very telling pictures. LOTS of fabwork on this swap on a different forum that Ive been following. I could post/pm a link if you would like and if that doesn't break any forum rules here.
I would love to put a S/C 3800II out of a Rivi into and plain jane g body regal.

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
RustRocket said:
I'm gonna stay with this one, I pondered the idea of a Supercharged Park Avenue/Grand Prix GTP engine in the past. Its certainly more unique swap than, "Just throw a three-fifty in it"

The supercharged version of the 3800 is torquey but not much HP. I have one in a Park Avenue. Turbo charging would be the way to go.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Yeah, you're right, but I'm not looking for a huge HP gain, just something totally stupid to do with a car on an "eh, why not?" level

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
Use the whole set up from the '96-'02 F body and your good. The only mod is the trans crossmember and a new sized driveshaft. Of course the hard part is that you'll need the computer and F/I stuff as well. No carb intake was ever made for the 3800.
T

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I say go for it. Its nice to see something different. I have a lot of ideas too, just not enough time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor