3D Printed Wagon Hatch Clips

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Cubby doors would definitely be possible, although the problems there would come the hinge and latch. maybe some kind of metal piano hinge you screw on would work (the plastic hinge on one of my doors broke, stupid design to make them plastic). The latch and lock would be the hardest thing to make, and wouldnt be a factory solution. Something like this would work where it just rotates around behind the original latch rod. Now that I think about it I also really like the idea of removing the key and just having a push button like in this second picture, that way you wouldn't have to worry about yet another key that doesn't match the rest of the car. May look into making some doors, let me know your ideas
images
61A-ZV0TZTL.jpg
Actually, I like the idea of using push button locks that you indicated, rather than the typical glove box type locks. I realize that the glove box type locks do in fact lock, but I don't think it's really necessary. As for the hinge, I would absolutely use the metal piano hinge method, which I have used to repair my console lid which also had the crappy plastic hinge. Some good ideas. Thank you for your input. I'm sure we'll be able to collaborate on some ideas.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor