4-bolt splayed caps on 2-bolt 350 block

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfRDgear

Greasemonkey
May 18, 2011
Boston
Anyone had experience doing this conversion? I'm trying to weigh my options here. Apparently this makes for a stronger block than a factory 4-bolt.

We are doing this on the new motor being built. My builder said it will be stronger than a 4bolt block, but I am not sure of the strength of a 4 bolt block to begin with. The new motor will be 14:1 with brodix heads, so I can see his reasoning. For a mild street build I would think that a factory 4 bolt should be more than sufficient.

Just as an FYI you will need a shop to do it for you. This is not something anyone can do at home. The caps need to be fitted and drilled to the block in a Milling Machine. Then the block will need to be line bored and line honed.

That cost around $700 here. By the time I do that I just as well step up to a Dart SHP block and have an all around stronger block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor