427 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 5, 2014
First thing I'd want is to hear the 427. After purchase have it Placed on a dyno. Get raw data first. Anyone could find M/T valve covers and a few performance trinkets laying around. Plus identify what it actually makes. 600 hp is pretty even number. Either it was precisely engineered for 600. Or the owner has estimated HP. Maybe it makes 375 maybe it makes 12000???? Or maybe 601.875 HP?? With out actual data going to be a rougher build. Make sure your buying what is said to be. Or I can sell you a Carroll Shelby 305 with 800 hp for $4000.00 lol throw in some magic beans. Best of luck.
It's 622hp just didn't think the 22hp would be what twisted the cars frame.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Roll bars and strengthened frames are cool. :)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Lazarus

Greasemonkey
Dec 18, 2015
Monongahela Pa
It's 622hp just didn't think the 22hp would be what twisted the cars frame.

On pump gas or race fuel? What mods where done. Supercharged, procharger? Once again this is meaningful. If it's race fueled it's not going on the street unless you're burning 100 bills. Further more 622 HP is a tad bit much for Street. So now we're down to a track day car or 1/4 mile car. And every track has its own governance on what gets to run. Sure Nhra rules and specs on what roll cages and bracketing are required. Not to many places just let anybody strap 600+ HP in a 30 year old sled and just turn them loose on their property. Not trying to sound dickish. Went through this with my stepfathers 70 Chevelle pro street. 572 with Wieland blower. Forget what it puts out. But 2011 rules vs 2014 left it unqualified due to a stupid peice of cage was 4 in out of place for seat belts. Lol

Lazarus

Greasemonkey
Dec 18, 2015
Monongahela Pa
Plus you gotta read up. You grenade the rear end you can send all kinda crap into the factory fuel tank. And guys quote me if I'm wrong but don't you have to have fire supression , and a cage for the drive line incase you to grenade a shaft or yoke? Recall him failing fuel cell. The seat belt location. And something underbody related

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
By the sounds of the collective experience here if I purchase this motor I'm not going to have a street car anymore. I think I'm going to head in a different route with this Gbody. I'll keep an eye out for a less aggressive motor.
It sounds like he made his mind up and I am guessing since there was no mention of any power adder for the 427 that this is an old school N/A race engine with big heads and an even bigger cam plus no one builds 427 big blocks anymore when you can build a 454 small block.

Lazarus

Greasemonkey
Dec 18, 2015
Monongahela Pa
It sounds like he made his mind up and I am guessing since there was no mention of any power adder for the 427 that this is an old school N/A race engine with big heads and an even bigger cam plus no one builds 427 big blocks anymore when you can build a 454 small block.

Whoopsy didn't catch that my mistake. Would love to see what 622 HP would do to a set of 195/70/R14 bargin basement tires. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor