455 in 83 Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyp618

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2009
I used my old one with a th 400 just slid it back about 2" and drilled new holes for it.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
jimmyp618 said:
I used my old one with a th 400 just slid it back about 2" and drilled new holes for it.

Wasn't there some overlap with the frame designs between 83-84? Is the El Camino any different underneath? I recall something about this because of the Hurst Olds having a 200-4R. I could be wrong though.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
sum_cut said:
I'm putting a 72 455 from a electra 225 in my regal. Just kinda wanting to no what should
I expect as far as unforseen problems. The regal had a Chevy 350 and 200 trans when I got it
So I'm hoping the motor mounts match up. I'm going with a short tail th350 so I'm wondering
Will I end up with drive shaft issues. And for the ones that have done it, is it really that much
more torque and horsepower, And are you happy with it? Also can you get in there without taking
Out the heater core, most of the guys on cardomain.com took there's out

I've got a '70 Buick 455 in my '83 Cutlass, and I didn't have to take my heater core out. I accidently put a hole in it though when removing my Olds 403. I used engine mounts from a '75 Buick LeSabre on mine. I also used Poston's Skylark headers(got 'em before Poston went under). I used a used th350 trans originally with my engine. It only lasted a few months. Then I used a new stock rebuilt th350 which lasted about a year. Now I'm using a local drag racer and trans builder's stage 3 th350 in my car. It's held up fine so far (just over a year). I've never had an issue with driveshafts on this car. I'm very happy with my car's power and torque at the moment, just can't wait to get my rearend done.

jimmyp618

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2009
Not forsure on the frame overlap Ill check the malibu but i think there all the same except the rear frame horns, elco's extend out a lil further. Correct qdub stock heater core you dont have to , I had the ac heater box, I removed it cause i didnt need it and installation was alot easier without it. As far as the transmission issue I went with an older th400 for the strength over the 350, 3rd year on it so far and no problems besides when I twisted the output shaft on it at the track last year. And it sucks poston went under , Thats where i got my cam,hipo oilpump,oil pump extension, lifters,springs,no wiggle retainers and such , 6 months later they closed shop.

sum_cut

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2011
Greer Sc
Ok another question. I got the right motor mounts. But the guy before me had the Chevy 350 in it and welded the mount to the frame And we all no that the motor mounts won't fit from Chevy to Buick. Where can I find the right frame mounts to fit my motor mounts???

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010

jimmyp618

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2009
That Pt num is correct , those are what I have on engine side from advance auto.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Oops....I must have read that wrong. I thought you needed the engine mounts, not the frame mounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor