455 Olds in 84 Cutlass - motor mounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mallard Road Garage

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2018
Just a note I run a torquer intake and a quadrajet with a aftermarket hood that combo may or may not fit depending on the condition of your body mounts under a stock hood
I have a cowl induction hood so should be plenty of clearance.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Just a note I run a torquer intake and a quadrajet with a aftermarket hood that combo may or may not fit depending on the condition of your body mounts under a stock hood
Interesting. I wouldn't think that a single plane would give enough signal to a Quadrajet...

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
Interesting. I wouldn't think that a single plane would give enough signal to a Quadrajet...[/QUOTE
Well I calibrated it to work with my engine but in theory why would it matter the engine is making the vacuum signal not the intake the only thing the intake is doing is manipulating the airflow And bonus it comes set up for a qjet;)

Reactions: 1 user

Kennybill

Master Mechanic
Mar 17, 2010
Braceville, Ohio
If you have a cowl induction hood you'll be fine. I've heard of problems with clearance using the stock hood. I've seen the Toronado intake used with the stock hood.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Go with a Performer intake and Felpro head gaskets with iron heads.https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/fel-8171pt1/make/oldsmobile If any milling was done to the block or heads, only the turkey tray intake gaskets may fit without milling the intake. It will probably help if Edelbrock made them straight to begin with. Hopefully it was machined properly with adequate clearances. Good luck, it will be very fun if built right.

• Agree

Mallard Road Garage

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2018
Go with a Performer intake and Felpro head gaskets with iron heads.https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/fel-8171pt1/make/oldsmobile If any milling was done to the block or heads, only the turkey tray intake gaskets may fit without milling the intake. It will probably help if Edelbrock made them straight to begin with. Hopefully it was machined properly with adequate clearances. Good luck, it will be very fun if built right.
Appreciate the response and recommendations. will the Fel-Pro gaskets work okay with a .030 over bore on a stock 455 rebuild?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
  • Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor