Status
Not open for further replies.

fdcutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 18, 2013
My 350 has good parts in it, I used to rebuild transmission's for a living and there was a guy I worked with that could build one hell of a 350 or 400 so I had him build my 350. I told him it needed to be tough and he told me it should handle 500hp no problem so I think im good on that end, its only been drove on for 2 summers and not I didnt beat on it really when I drove it. Im not planning on putting it on the track with slicks, IF i put it on the track it'd be with maybe some drag radials at the most.

fdcutlass

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 18, 2013
Also who makes a good cam for the 455 and what are good specs for one?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Talk to Bill at BTR Performance, Mark, known as Cutlassefi on the Classic Olds site or Smitty at M+J Proformance. They all perfer different brands but know their stuff. Cutlassefi might be your best bet, he is an Erson and Lunati dealer.

86-blk442

G-Body Guru
Dec 2, 2008
West Seneca, New York
I have personally had work done by Bill and been to his shop since he's only about an hour away from me. He did my #5 heads on my 350 olds, and he also built me an aluminum headed 383 stroker chevy for my C10. He is great to work with, and is very realistic, and will meet or exceed your expectations. Just one thing to remember is that "good work a'int cheap, and cheap work a'int good".

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I personally have dealt with Cutlassefi. Good to deal with.

finman04

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2011
Roseville Mi.
The stock 455 is 365 hp with 510 torque. Try to look for a good set of C heads if you cand find them. I picked up a 69 olds 455 out of a 88 and got lucky with it having the C heads and only paid $500 for the motor and 400 turbo. The only problem building is that it is a pricey motor to build. Just like 86-blk442 said you get what you pay for as in help. Spend the money and do it right. Takes time but you be very pleased, can't wait for mine to be done. Good Luck!

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I wouldn't waste a dime on iron heads. The Procomps out flow them, have a better chamber and will be similar cost wise.

finman04

Greasemonkey
Nov 27, 2011
Roseville Mi.
I do agree to a point, but it really depends on the person and the budget that they have. Spending a $1000 on a pair of procomps and then have to put valves, springs your coming close to the edelbrocks. My block came with C heads but the work to do them was going to come close to the Procomps. I ran across a fresh pair of C heads all ported harden seats and the larger valves for under $500 and it also depends on the build your looking for.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Procomp's are $999 through Benard Mondello complete. Even come with rocker studs and guide plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor