4L60E Conversion

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
I've had that thought for a good while to upgrade from the 700R4 im currenlty using, its still working perfectly btw, just waiting on the right time.

While the stand alone controller im interested in is available, albeit pricey($800/bluetooth capable), and since im still running with a carburetor, i'll have to get the TPS kit for it as well and a new torque converter.

Im looking at, hopefully at best, minimum fuss, so my question is this, are both transmissions the same dimmension where i can still use the current driveshaft and the rear transmission support that aligns with the current frame?

Local rebuilder is selling them rebuilt, good to go with a 1yr warranty for $700, at that price, im sure its just a stock rebuild, which should be fine behind my ZZ4 crate engine while taking it easy, normal drivng with no racing in mind, at least i'll have one to rebuild at a later time when its time for the 383cid to come along.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor