5.3 swap 1988 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 7, 2015
hi i am swapping my 1988 cutlass from a 307 to a 5.3 i am using the stock truck intake with the return style rails how would i do the fuel lines and can i run the stock gas tank and sending unit if i use a inline fuel pump thanks.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
There is good information in this thread on how to run the factory style nylon fuel lines including links to fittings, tools needed, etc. The best post is about #16. On my brother's 78 Z28 LS swap we used the factory fuel supply and return lines from the engine compartment to the tank.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Maybe. I have a temporary setup but it seems pretty good. I have yet to put more than 50 miles on the setup so I can't say it's fool proof.

I just took the factory feed line and turned it into a return. Took a tubing cutter and cut the old feed line about 6 inches ahead of the rubber lines from the tank. I switched the old 5/16 return line rubber hose and connected it to the old feed line. I then fished a new braided -6 line from the tank forward through the frame rail. With the cut off 6" of hard line coming from the tank I hose clamped it to my fuel pump and installed the pump to the trunk floor where the muffler would sit.

I run a corvette filter regulator right off the old feed line as you can see in the picture below. Runs stock carb tank and feed line now return line.

I am running a returnless system though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor