5-speed swap is complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the 93-02 slave will bolt to the 84-92 Bellhousing? Can you use six cylinder stuff instead of V8 because the V6 cars are plentiful in local U pull it's and I'll just pull my hydraulics from one of them. Also, are they still plastic or did GM switch to metal cylinders? I was thinking about just using some Nissan hydraulics and adapting them because they are metal and better made.

Yes, the newer hydraulics are a direct bolt in on the T5 Bellhousing, the stainless line is also much longer. The master and slave are still plastic, though I haven't heard of them being problematic? I believe some of the aftermarket replacement parts are metal though so you could look into that as well.

Well I got my shifter back from the welder and put everything back together. Today is nice and dry so I took it for it's first spin, and WOW, what a difference! It's going to take a bit of getting used to driving this compared to the smooth as butter Saturn, but she sure is fun!

Modified shifter lever with 1" offset to passenger side:
100_0618jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

Shifter reassembled:
100_0621jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

Interior shot:
100_0622jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

Awesome job!

What shifter are you using? Who sells it (pre modified, of course?)

Thanks 🙂

It is a Hurst Competition Plus shifter - they are discontinued, but I bought a new (old stock) one off of a guy on ebay. The only shifter I believe Hurst sells now for the Camaro T5 is the Billet Plus shifter (which replaced the one I have).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor