5 speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

98whitez24

Greasemonkey
Mar 17, 2011
hey guys, im looking into doing a 5 speed swap, seeing as how my trans dosnt like to shift until like 4500 rpm in 1st and 2nd, so just out of curiosity, what wil i need, i know im going to need the bellhousing, transmission, pressureplate, and the pedals, what else am i going to need, i figure im going to look on car-part.com and see if i can't nab a transmission from an older v8 camaro,but have never done this swap before, tips would be awesome, and when i do it i'll do a how-to on it. thanks a million guys.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
There is alot of information on this conversion on this site. If you do a search, I think you'll find several good threads on how to do this. If you need more info, then you can always check on MonteCarloSS.com. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor