$50,000 Malibu on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Just trying to make a point about the spelling. No excuse when it says VORTECH in 2" letters across the carb box.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
DRIVEN said:
What's a "vortex carberater"? :lol: And what's with the random Chevelle engine shot?

The car looks pretty clean. Too bad whoever wrote the ad sounds so uneducated . I counted at least 10 misspelled words in the single run-on sentence that contained only one misplaced comma. If you have a nice car and want to fetch a nice price, at least take the time to have someone else check your ad. Would you buy a Ferrari from Joe Dirt? I would be afraid to place a bid on this one.

x2 it was more of a parts list than a description. One interior shot, and just the cluster at that.

deathproof

Greasemonkey
May 2, 2009
saint louis
For that kinda money I'd want some air conditioning and a radio. right guys? :D

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Damn thats rediculous! I want some of what he's smoking!

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I'd sell him my Cutlass for half his asking price - and it has a radio and AC. 8)

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
i don't get why people ask so much for a gbody. i love them and every thing and would gladly spend 50G in my cutlasses but to ask that much for a Malibu he must be off his rocker. to ask 50000 id expect it to be extremely clean and at least 60'000 in the build casue we all know it's hard to break even selling a car. but it's foolish to ask that i remember there was a guy asking 40'000 for a monte that wasn't anything too special. i saw an add before for a 86 cutlass t top and the interor was stock and had 17 inch rims poor quolity. the kicker was he wanted 3G for it and i would pay 3 g for a nice cutlass but the motor looked like it was fished out of a lake it was that rust and i think it was just set in the car and not derivable. some people want gold for garbage :blam: sorry about any spelling errors was in a rush

Tuggy24g

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2008
Newtown PA
Why does the Chrome air filter say 396 if the guys said and quote:
502 big block vortex carberated supercharged S trim system dart heads rollor cam
Something is vary fishy about the whole car if the air filter does not match the motor the guy is telling you that is inside! That right there would make me not want to buy it at all. I mean an air filter should not cost more then 50 bucks and if your building a muscle car I think you should be able to afford a 50 buck air cleaner.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Are you referring to the 2 different engine photos? One appears to be a big block in a '64-'67 Chevelle or El Camino. The other is the one that the seller seems to be trying to describe. The carb is inside the box on top of the engine. It looks like the air filter is behind the driver's side headlight. I agree though...fishy.

DeltaT

Greasemonkey
Sep 6, 2010
And what are the chances of finding a 78 (with a speedo change) with a true 50,000 miles?

I would have even agreed with $25,000 if he had run spellcheck :roll:

Jim

TheGeek

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 18, 2011
People are just silly in general. Want some cheap hysterical entertainment? Go to E-Baymotors and type "project car" in the search field. Sit back with a soda and some popcorn and enjoy the comedy that ensues. It's amazing what people think is worth big bucks nowadays.
My personal favorite was a $13,000 buy it now "matching numbers" Chevelle in pieces with a cracked block and a "rare paint code"... even though there was barely any paint left on the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor