6.HO SWAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Been a little while since I've posted here, I've been busy.

I went through some boxes in the garage and decided to use some parts I had laying around to try a different build. I pulled the 5.3l out of the car and sold it as a complete engine with the accessories from the 6.0l I recently bought..:D

Ended up with a complete LQ4 from a 2006 Chevy 3/4 ton work van for $800, broke it down to the shortblock, cleaned it up, installed my ported & polished Melling HV Oil Pump with new LS2 Timing Chain I had gotten for free a while back that was just laying in a box..

I ended up with a set of GM 243 Heads a while back for $100 and stashed them for a rainy day, installed a set of PAC 1218 Springs on them..

These were then bolted up to the LQ4 using GM Hardware & LS2 MLS Gaskets..

Pilot Busing was installed, LS7 Clutch Kit bolted up..

Dropped it back in the car and bolted up the Headers & LS6 Intake, just waiting on the custom Cam to get here..

BUILD SPECS: PROJECT "6.HO"

GM 2006 LQ4 SHORTBLOCK
PORTED & POLISHED MELLING HV OIL PUMP, LS2 TIMING CHAIN
GM 243 HEADS WITH PAC 1218 SPRINGS, 10.4:1 COMPRESSION
GM LS6 INTAKE, FUEL RAILS & INJECTORS, STOCK THROTTLE BODY
CUSTOM CAM: 218/228, .550/.550, 113 LSA

I built the T56 and put it in a while back, it's smooth..should be fun with the 3.89 Gears in the back when I get the tune dialed in.

Custom Shifter Plate I made a while back..

Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I got it running tonight..here is a pic right before I hooked the Throttle Cable up and turned the key. 60psi hot oil pressure once it warmed up, burped the cooling system, I'll be tuning it thursday.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor