7.5 rearend

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLY_THE_BOWTIE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2007
norman ,ok
anyone run one of these on the drag strip. i know it is not the rearend of choice, but im building a low buck bracket car.close to stock engine, built trans. not a whole lot of power. just curious how long it will hold up? thanks

FLY_THE_BOWTIE said:
anyone run one of these on the drag strip. i know it is not the rearend of choice, but im building a low buck bracket car.close to stock engine, built trans. not a whole lot of power. just curious how long it will hold up? thanks

A friend of mine broke his running high 12's with slicks. It lasted for about a year or so running 12's

I have driven mine with a 383 for 4 years. To be honest, the stock one tore itself up just casually driving. I replaced the guts with a 7 5/8 3.42 posi from an S10 Blazer. I have only taken it to the track once (6 passes) on 275/60 BFG T/As and no trouble. Drove it 2.5 hours each way to the track.

cool thanks for the replies. i will probably only run 14s with the motor i have now. i just need the rear to hold up for one season. what year s10 did you get your gears from.

thanks

ron

I think it was a '92 S10 Blazer. Weather it was 2WD or 4WD I don't remember. The exciting part however, was narrowing the axles to fit my stock housing. They are super beefy axles; just a lil long.

we been running one in a 76 nova for a while now with 4.56's and a mini spool racing and its holding up fine. we run 12.48 on motor havent sprayed it yet.

just be careful, the rear end i broke the axles in only had 88,000 k on it and i was launching at 2-2500 rpm.

yeah but you were dropping the hammer. i will be using a loose converter and no trans break. but still i understand it is juat baby 10 bolt

c_unit productions said:
we been running one in a 76 nova for a while now with 4.56's and a mini spool racing and its holding up fine. we run 12.48 on motor havent sprayed it yet.

whats the rest of your combination? and weight of car? thanks

FLY_THE_BOWTIE said:
c_unit productions said:

whats the rest of your combination? and weight of car? thanks
350 bored .30 over .100 dome forged piston stock rods stock crank 2.02 stock casting 041 casting heads solid lift .493 .512 lift open plenum intake team g and a holley 750 double pumper opened up with a proform main body. dont know the weight of the car but it also has a 10 point cage. the braces in the doors cut out and a set of racing seats thats about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor