700R shift issues

white85

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2020
Hi
I’m going to start from the beginning and apologize for Lon post.
My trans was rebuilt by my brother and her rebuild’s transmission for a for dealer. So he is experienced, but not necessarily with the 700R. Regardless it has shifted fine for the past year and half (3500 miles)with the exception of once in a while it would late shift, but I found out that if I just pulled over , shut it off & re-start it every thing was fine again.

Recently I decided to to install a power blast plate on my Holley carb. So I pulled the carb, didn’t disconnect the tv cable or throttle cable from the bracket I just laid it aside.

Ever since then it will always late shift ( around 25mph to get into 2nd). I’ve tried readjusting the tv cable, replace the throttle valve, checked the governor gear & valve. Pulled the valve body and checked all of the valves everything moves freely and clean. I’m at a loss. Really can’t understand how this happened by just taking the bracket off the carb.

Any help would be appreciated. Also should mention this trans does have a 2000 stall lock up converter and a B&M lock up controller installed. When it works it shifts flawlessly I could hardly feel it shift into OD.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor