700r4 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

1981kc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 19, 2011
I could use some help with the instalation of my 700r4 that I am installing behind my 350 engine on my 1981 Malibu. I have a floor mounted shifter. What linkage or cable do I need to get to hook up my floor shifter with the gear selection indicator in the dash panel. The shaft that is in there now hits the long tube headers and will not move the indicator needle. Also what bracket do I need to bolt the thansmission cable to the transmission. The bracket off of the old transmission does not line up with any of the bolts on the pan. Will any bracket off of a 1986 700r4 work? Thanks for any help anyone can give me on this.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
I'm thinking your floor shifter is an aftermarket one.....If you originally had a floor shifter then the gear indicator would be in/on the console??? If it's an aftermarket shifter, it should have everything with it that you need. I went with the B and M Pro-Stick for my Monte....gear indicator on the cover.
bucketseats001.jpg

1981kc

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 19, 2011
My floor shifter with a console is a stock one from the factory but the shift indicators are in the dash. I also need to know what shift cable I need to use to get the transmission to shift with the floor shifter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor