700R4 transmission on 92 chevy with 4.3 V6

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangertom

Greasemonkey
Sep 2, 2012
Independence, MO
I hope someone here is keen on transmissions cause I can't find an answer elsewhere ... So I just rebuilt my 4.3 V6 in my 92 chevy Silverado & it's running great, but my transmission ( automatic with O/D ) seems to be acting up...here's the symptoms.. it shifts fine around town but get on the hwy and it won't shift into the O/D gear, and the tach just stays revving at around 2000 RPM from about 45mph up to at least 70.. and i hear a bit of a rattling sound during this ? I'm sure I need to change the fluid and filter but does this sound like the torque converter has crapped out as well... i had it rebuilt back in 04 but honestly don't know if they replaced the torque converter and the old transmission had basically cooked itself from the inside so the fluid if any was also in that converter. any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor