75 Camaro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only had 1 car without the spoiler and there were no holes, not even dimples to indicate where they went. I had to use the studs as a guide to drill holes and even then the holes needed to be big enough to wiggle the spoiler into place a bit. At least the spoiler covers up the holes area once you are done. Don't forget to use sealer or big rubber washers on the stud side so water doesn't seep into the trunk. The factory used pan type nuts with sealer on the inside, I prefer sealer on the outside, so the studs don't rust.

Today was interesting. My friend who owns a 76 camaro apparently is going to sell his now becuase he wanted to be the one guy who has this type of camaro lol. He thinks as well as my other friend that i am simply doing to spite him ahha. Thing is his has a rotted frame and he has had it over 7 years yet never has had it restored. I sense a great deal of jealosy I am thinking. I am not buying it because he has one, I am buying it because they are reliable, cheap parts, only going up in value, and well I like the cars. Hes the type of guy who never has money, has no bills, and has a job ahha. ANyway I am going to look at it today, really cant wait im excited

HELL NO.

I'm sorry but i KNOW 2nd gen camaros, i've restored 6 of them. It's not worth 6500$, and putting 15 grand into a car that won't ever be worth 10 grand is not a good idea, save your money for something better and keep looking.

At most, that cars worth 5000.
I've restored, partially a 73 LT/RS, two 79 Z28's, an 81 burlinette ALL original, a 78 firebird, and my 79 trans am. And worked on countless others, the 2nd gens from 1974 and up aren't really worth that much.

Lol, first off i dont know where your getting putting 10 or 15,000 into a car from. I never said that anywhere. 2ndly, you can look on craigslist, ebay, or any other site and youll see that 6500 is far from a terrible buy. So hell no to you buddy 🙂 Maybe in the 1990s they were worth $5000 but trust me ive looked at about 30 of these in the last year and many in the $5000 range didnt have crap on the condition of this one, a car thats only going to continue to go up in value. Sorry I dont have $30000 fora Chevelle, Grand Torino, or your chargers or w/e your thinking of. But dont come on here bashing my post. I should also mention i live in michigan, and any car here thats not rusty is a huge bonus as we use salt on our roads, that by itself makes any car worth more. Also id like to point 3rdly you mention putting money into a car thats not worth it, thats a matter of opinion, a biased one at that, people put $$$ into these Gbodies and lets face it these including the one I drive are not worth more then a few thousand and yet we do it because we like the cars. What you view as a rip off or stupid might be cool or interesting to the next.

Anyways if you other guys would like i posted some pics on photobucket. http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g46 ... 2F&offer=y

if you click on the 7th pic, could anyone point out what that is on the side of left trunk panel, im not talking about the surface rust. I dont believe thats bondo either? isnt that some sort of sticky glue like goo ??? Whats it for

Calm down killer, i missread the part where you stated putting 15k into a savings, Second i wasn't bashing your post at all, i was TRYING to help you. Third, i dont know where YOU get your info from but mid- late 2nd gens don't hold value.
I'm in PA, not too far from you, i can go pickup a 77 or 76 Trans am with a 455, great shape, for 5000$ right now and drive it home. Go ahead and spend more than what it's worth, its your money

Good luckc

Well dont make the 1st 2 words in your reply HELL NO

and well this isnt penn. man ive been looking for months and i have a 78 camaro already to strip down to use for future parts if needed ever. Your bashing me for spending more then what its worth in your opinion is what your doing. Just leave it at that, thanks for the help if thats what you call it, i believe your intentions were good

All I know is, you don't see these cars around much anymore. A rust-free example is a real find, and a good base to work with. They are old enough now to get a lot of restoration parts from the aftermarket, and swap meets are full of parts now as they come off the road. I have had several, all rusted eventually. The only solid one my daughter wrecked. My current 77' TA has a rotted rear frame rail but is otherwise OK. So if you like the car (who wouldn't?) I say go for it. I have been driving Firebirds since 1975 and I think they handle and perform better than most of the so-called muscle cars.

i can literally build the car from classic industries. i am going out tuesday to probably buy the car and drive it back home. Heres what i love. $39 a month insurance, not sure on classic car insurance yet though, never looked into it. It will need a new dash cover if i choose, the window regulators need adjusting, seats are gettind dried out, all easy fixes. AC pump is tired out too. But again nothing major. I agree though man these things are beauties. I love how heavy they are and safe too. 🙂

I kinda like the later model 2nd gen Fbodies. A friend of mine has a 78 LT that we are restoring once he gets back from Korea. Its mostly true that in PA they go for a little less, though we do salt the hell out of our roads :evil: . The one you found looks to be on pretty decent shape, good luck with it and have fun.

1986montecarlols said:
But what do you guys think? Is it worth what he wants?

This is why he started his post with "hell no". It was an answer to YOUR question. You flat out asked for his opinion and got pissed cause it wasn't the one you wanted to hear.

I've had a few of these and personally don't care for the mid 2nd gens. They aren't nearly as desireable as the early 2nd gen and still aren't as desireable as the late 2nd gens. It's a clean car,b ut the pics only show the good, it' says it needs interior work. The low mileage doesn't matter so much since it's been modified. I honestly don't think it's worth the asking price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor