'77 Chevy "Shop Truck"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flat Broke

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2012
Slidell, Louisiana
Picked this long bed '77 Chevy up about a month ago. Back in October my dad and I built a '78 Malibu that brought me here and since then I have been the one cruisin' it (Not Complaining). We finish a car and he seems to lose interest but any how I took it out to a cruise night and a guy I know had this truck out there. Nothing special, hubcaps on front, chrome modular on rear but as I kept looking at it I noticed it was rust free and had no signs of ever having body or paint work done to it and it had a For Sale sign in it.The more I talked to the guy I find out he got it from a 92 year old man who bought it new but is now giving up driving. I took his number and called a couple days later and struck a deal with him.

Paint was oxidized and it has a couple decent size dents. One in driver door, other in passenger side bed. I am going to try to get out without needing to do any paint work. It has a few small dents and dings around the truck that I am not even going to fool with.The worn paint give it character.I did buff out the paint to clean it up. I have the original warranty booklet, build sheet and delivery inspection sheet, signed and dated from original dealer. It is a 305/ 3 speed manual transmission, AM radio and heater. It drives like a new truck and the guy I got it from put a new set of tires on it and had the front end aligned. I put a set of Summit racing Rally wheels with a flat cap on it and may do a 2/4" drop on it but other than that I will just chase parts in it and enjoy it as is.

Attachments

• DSCF0021.JPG
    DSCF0021.JPG
    896 KB · Views: 622
  • DSCF0023.JPG
    DSCF0023.JPG
    683 KB · Views: 643
  • DSCF0024.JPG
    DSCF0024.JPG
    368 KB · Views: 616
  • DSCF0011.JPG
    DSCF0011.JPG
    586.5 KB · Views: 640

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Looks pretty good. I'll bet a good paintless dent removal guy could make those dents much less noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor