78 Caballero interior donor ?

BCLEM

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 2, 2023
I recently bought a medium rough Caballero to rebuild and the interior has a lot of sun damage to all the plastic. There is no way I can afford to buy all new stuff from the parts suppliers and the truck isn't stock so I'm not hung up on a 100% correct restoration. So my question is, what other G body vehicles can I rob interior parts from ? BTW, I've been enjoying reading thru the archives here and really looking forward to getting this old girl back on the road :)

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I recently bought a medium rough Caballero to rebuild and the interior has a lot of sun damage to all the plastic. There is no way I can afford to buy all new stuff from the parts suppliers and the truck isn't stock so I'm not hung up on a 100% correct restoration. So my question is, what other G body vehicles can I rob interior parts from ? BTW, I've been enjoying reading thru the archives here and really looking forward to getting this old girl back on the road :)
El Camino's as they both are carbon copies. Malibu's & Monte Carlo's from the dash to the doors. Note there is a difference in Dash pads starting in '81, '82 up cluster face plates will not have the wiper switch hole & only are for round gauge clusters, ECM cars have a different passenger side kick panel to house the ECM. Now plastic only almost all '78 up 2 door cars will fit. Pontiacs (Grand Prix, LeMans, Grand Am) can supply upper door panels too.

Reactions: 3 users

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Are your panels dry rotted or just faded?

I've got a pair of upper C pillar trims I'd like to get into the hands of someone that can use them.

20220501_105639.jpg

Also have a pair of crack free inner B pillar plastcs

20220910_124740.jpg

And if needed a nice pair of rear quater window reveal moldings..

20220509_212334.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
El Camino's as they both are carbon copies. Malibu's & Monte Carlo's from the dash to the doors. Note there is a difference in Dash pads starting in '81, '82 up cluster face plates will not have the wiper switch hole & only are for round gauge clusters, ECM cars have a different passenger side kick panel to house the ECM. Now plastic only almost all '78 up 2 door cars will fit. Pontiacs (Grand Prix, LeMans, Grand Am) can supply upper door panels too.
the other difference is that central vs twin speaker design that changed after a few years on the dash pad, iirc

Reactions: 1 user

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
...Now plastic only almost all '78 up 2 door cars will fit. Pontiacs (Grand Prix, LeMans, Grand Am) can supply upper door panels too.
I grabbed a pair of uppers from a '78 Cutlass Salon Brougham (78-80) because they don't kick up at the front like the later versions do. I'm hoping I found the exception to the door panel rule.
IMG_20231003_234911919.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor