78 cutlass W-31 build

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
That's pretty awesome. Considering I even ran into an issue with 330 crank with an automatic torque converter, not a bad idea. It is set up for a manual transmission, has a bushing but the 330 crank has a smaller ID than other SB iron cranks.

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
That's pretty awesome. Considering I even ran into an issue with 330 crank with an automatic torque converter, not a bad idea. It is set up for a manual transmission, has a bushing but the 330 crank has a smaller ID than other SB iron cranks.
I'm doing it because when I listed the 71 parts I got a bunch of people asking if I had a manual crank. Now I do. I'm going to list the crank block rods and pistons together. If they want I'll throw in a cam I've got a few I'll be selling.

Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
What do you have for Olds cams?

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
What do you have for Olds cams?
I've got a brand new in box w-31 cam I've got a few good used camslike a 69 400 4 speed cam and a very close to that 455 4bbl cam not sure the specs and a jm-14 witch we all know is the small mondello rv towing cam. I guess nobody wants my stuff because I've had no takers. I may end up rebuilding these motors and selling them threw marks machine shop.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Did a family thing yesterday. Road trip to Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania 3 hour drive one way for a market place find.
Oldsmobile G-Body small block headers for $40 worth it for the time in the car. Now that Lauren is getting older it's hard to get her to open up all she has on the brain these days is prom. I didn't go so I don't get it but I was never a teenage girl either. I'd like to post the photos but again when I try it says there's a problem so it won't work.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Great score on the headers. Is the JM-14 cam new? I might consider it but there is a guy on Classic Olds who was considering a 307 cam swap. I might consider it, looks slightly smaller than the generic 204/214 cam. I assume that 69 400 4 spd cam is basically the W30 cam, bit more duration and lift than the W31 cam, too big for me.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Great score on the headers. Is the JM-14 cam new? I might consider it but there is a guy on Classic Olds who was considering a 307 cam swap. I might consider it, looks slightly smaller than the generic 204/214 cam. I assume that 69 400 4 spd cam is basically the W30 cam, bit more duration and lift than the W31 cam, too big for me.
The jm-14 is used it came in the first 455 I put in my 87 it's way low mileage the 69 400 cam is actually smaller than a w-30 cam its actually smaller than the cam im using in the 403. The only new cam I have is the w-31 cam it came with all those engine parts I got from the first machine shop. These are all good cams just not big enough for the next engine I'm building.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor