78 cutlass W-31 build

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I finally have an update! After going over the head of and behind the back of the guy I gave my trans to I found that the ball had been dropped on parts! So this morning I called a supplier up north and had a forward direct drum pressure plate overnighted to the builder $6.00 really that was the hold up why not just tell me! After I get my 8.5 I'm done with him! Anyway last weekend I broak one bleeder so I'm thinking I'll jus get new wheel cylinders should I just go direct replacement or is there a cheep upgrade I don't know about?

Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I finally have an update! After going over the head of and behind the back of the guy I gave my trans to I found that the ball had been dropped on parts! So this morning I called a supplier up north and had a forward direct drum pressure plate overnighted to the builder $6.00 really that was the hold up why not just tell me! After I get my 8.5 I'm done with him! Anyway last weekend I broak one bleeder so I'm thinking I'll jus get new wheel cylinders should I just go direct replacement or is there a cheep upgrade I don't know about?
If you are talking about the rear wheel cylinders....yes there is an upgrade. It requires s10 cylinders and the brackets shown in the following pics. I believe you have to drill the axle mounting flange of the rearend as these cylinders bolt in, and do away with the stupid retaining clip.
Screenshot_20170304-165312.png
Screenshot_20170304-165244.png

• Winner
  • Informative
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
If you are talking about the rear wheel cylinders....yes there is an upgrade. It requires s10 cylinders and the brackets shown in the following pics. I believe you have to drill the axle mounting flange of the rearend as these cylinders bolt in, and do away with the stupid retaining clip. View attachment 68786 View attachment 68787
Lol I'm so not a tech guy I tried to add to cart from the pictures in the thred

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Lol I'm so not a tech guy I tried to add to cart from the pictures in the thred
All good lol! I have those saved in my wishlist on summit. I snapped the screenshots awhile back to check woth Jared(texas82gp) to make sure they were the right parts.

Reactions: 1 users

malibujustin

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2017
Thank goodness. $6.00 part...wow. hopefully you will get the trans and rear soon.

• Agree

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
All good lol! I have those saved in my wishlist on summit. I snapped the screenshots awhile back to check woth Jared(texas82gp) to make sure they were the right parts.
Lol I have no idea what a screenshot is
Thank goodness. $6.00 part...wow. hopefully you will get the trans and rear soon.
Lol hopefully it works 6.00 part what an assbag

• Agree

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
So I guess hell froze over the poler caps melted and 9 planets alined! I just got a text to pick up my transmission in the morning! I may actually get something done is it possible? Idk stay tuned I'll let you know

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

malibujustin

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2017
So I guess hell froze over the poler caps melted and 9 planets alined! I just got a text to pick up my transmission in the morning! I may actually get something done is it possible? Idk stay tuned I'll let you know
Great news!!!! Fingers crossed.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor