78 cutlass W-31 build

Still no trans??? Dang man.
If it was just the th350 at this point I would just find another one but the same guy has the 8.5 for the 87 idk how to handle this but I'm going there tomorrow morning when I go get argon for my welder so I can fix my Cub cadet and get back to work on the square body crew. I can't go work on the 78 tomorrow because we are having a early birthday party for Lauren so she can have her friends from school overnight. At least I'll have a chance to fire up the smoker and do a little bbq

Update should be getting my trans tonight! Unfortunately I have to leave my daughter's party to go get it witch sucks but I'll do it as fast as I can also ordered my tires 4 235-60/14 Cooper Cobra with wight letters picking them up Monday after work

Update should be getting my trans tonight! Unfortunately I have to leave my daughter's party to go get it witch sucks but I'll do it as fast as I can also ordered my tires 4 235-60/14 Cooper Cobra with wight letters picking them up Monday after work
Well I guess that was another runaround went for argon they were closed went for my trans he said I could pick it up tonight when he calls....never called never sent a text nothing.....now what! .. I'm going to be at his shop every day until I get it every break I get at work he is going to here from me I'm not level headed enough to figure it out but I'm pretty shore it's been 5 weeks now I've had enough

Most of us are really accustomed to doing our own work. On the rare occasion that work gets farmed out its tough. I went round and round for weeks when I did my 200-4R swap so I feel your pain.
Thanks that's why I try to do everything myself even if it kills me. Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed ya know oh and don't ask for help because everyone says yes but no one does or they screw it up that's what I figure anyway

• Agree
Reactions: 406 Monte
Unbelievable. Years ago when I was a kid working at an auto parts store the ride of the week was a 71 Monte, 350, TH350. Burned up said trans. We had trans shop around the corner, guy picked up my car with his wrecker, pulled trans, rebuilt trans, reinstalled trans and drove the car back to me before we closed up that night. Granted it was a stock rebuild with a shift kit , but come on! I'd also like to comment the 60's 4x4 Chevy is freakin awesome!

Unbelievable. Years ago when I was a kid working at an auto parts store the ride of the week was a 71 Monte, 350, TH350. Burned up said trans. We had trans shop around the corner, guy picked up my car with his wrecker, pulled trans, rebuilt trans, reinstalled trans and drove the car back to me before we closed up that night. Granted it was a stock rebuild with a shift kit , but come on! I'd also like to comment the 60's 4x4 Chevy is freakin awesome!
Seems no one wants to do what they say anymore my friend Jim built transmissions years ago he said a 350 is like 2hours tear down and assemble I'm just getting shafted oh and yes Joe's 65 Chevy is pretty cool but it's hurting in the lower cab lots of rot but that 283 runs great and it's never been out of the truck

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor