78 Grand Prix interior screws

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbolicsoap

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2023
Just picked up a 78 GP LJ that has been slumbering in a barn for 25+ years. The previous owner "helpfully" took all the interior apart. Would appreciate some help with correct screw sizes / dimensions And any diagrams to put it all back together. The Chiltern manual I have doesn't go that in depth.

Apologies if this has been asked before. I checked screw on a search and came up with nothing.

Attachments

• PXL_20230303_195449023.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230303_195449023.MP.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 73
Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Just picked up a 78 GP LJ that has been slumbering in a barn for 25+ years. The previous owner "helpfully" took all the interior apart. Would appreciate some help with correct screw sizes / dimensions And any diagrams to put it all back together. The Chiltern manual I have doesn't go that in depth.

Apologies if this has been asked before. I checked screw on a search and came up with nothing.
This place has a good selection of interior hardware. https://www.gmclassicparts.com/GRAND-PRIX_c_110857.html Mikes Montes would be another source. I found the majority of SS philips oval head screws from the local hardware store worked just fine but I dont remember the lengths. Its been a while. Im thinking 5/8 or 3/4 long.

Last edited:

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
Yeah Mikes Montes and I believe OPGI have complete sets of interior hardware.

Steve 82 Elly

Greasemonkey
Feb 2, 2020

Check out Dixie restoration depot, I just ordered and received an entire interior faster kit from them for my El Camino. It might not be a complete set for a GP but for 40 bucks its a good start. Good luck

Reactions: 1 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Fantastic find!!! Love the rear lights on those... what state you in?

carbolicsoap

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 21, 2023
Thanks for all your messages, I will look up all of the leads, thank you. Really appreciate all the friendly help. I'll post pics once she is up and running.

I'm in Hocking Hills, Ohio.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor