MALIBU 78' Spindles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LT1B-Body

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2021
Maricopa Arizona
If you are coming out to San Diego anytime soon I have a fully loaded set sitting in my garage I would be willing to hand over. Has rotors calipers and pads.
I don't have the time for a 8hr trip to San Diego right now lol. Thanks for the offer though.

TonyO

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2022
Bigger rotors, better calipers. Not sure if the modern sealed bearing is a pro or con but you won't have to pack bearings. I personally have converted to them but would like to if I ever find/afford another G.
Does it change the track width at all? I like this option.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Does it change the track width at all? I like this option.
No change in track width for the spindle itself. The rotor hat slips over the hub bearing so the thickness there is likely the only increase (</= .500" overall?).
Marginally larger dimension increase in the rotor diameter so not exactly OMG bigger brakes.
The sealed bearing hubs required w/the Blazer spindle are probably fine for a normal driver but a probable failure point on something that gets abused.

TonyO

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2022
No change in track width for the spindle itself. The rotor hat slips over the hub bearing so the thickness there is likely the only increase (</= .500" overall?).
Marginally larger dimension increase in the rotor diameter so not exactly OMG bigger brakes.
The sealed bearing hubs required w/the Blazer spindle are probably fine for a normal driver but a probable failure point on something that gets abused.

The idea is cool, but running the numbers it’s hard to justify on a stock car. G body parts are cheap compared to the s10 ones. Like another member mentioned it would be worth checking into a aftermarket kit for the price. Thanks for the reply!

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I didn't know we had a Maricopa member. We have a few guys in Mesa as well as Tucson and Safford.

Reactions: 1 user

LT1B-Body

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2021
Maricopa Arizona
I didn't know we had a Maricopa member. We have a few guys in Mesa as well as Tucson and Safford.
Yup. I have an uncle that lives in Sierra Vista, though I don't know if he's on here. He has an 86' Aerocoupe Monte with a 383, it's pretty sweet.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
If you would like to have coffee next time you're in Mesa, let me know. It's nice to meet the members of the forum. Gwarren79, you also still have an open invite as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor